Legislative UpdateRegarding legislation affecting Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
NP Lobby Day
at the Statehouse
March 4, 2020
- 10 a.m. – Statehouse Lobby
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Meet with legislators or attend Committee meetings (Make appts on your own to meet with legislators)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Convene in the Statehouse Gallery and Observe
- 12 – 1 p.m. – Lunch on your own
- 1 – 3 p.m. – Attend committee meetings or tour the State House.
The final bill has passed for The Physician Orders for the Scope of Treatment (POST) Act, which enables NPs, PAs, Physicians, RNs, and EMTs a means to document the wishes of the patient with an advanced illness in regards to medical treatment. For further information, please click here.
Pending Federal Legislation:
- The ability of NPs to order diabetic shoes. This bill has not yet been sponsored by any Federal legislator, according to SCNA (Bill S. 237/H. 808).
- Ability of NPs to order Home Health Services (Bill S. 296. H. 2150).
- Ability of NPs to order Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab (Bill H. 3911).
Please contact your SC state legislator to show your support for this pending legislation.
BILLS PASSED IN 2019:
South Carolina bills 3821 and 4004 have passed and are now on their way to the Governor’s desk for his signature. Below are the links for more information.